Tuesday 28 September 2010

Bromance

Friendship is the cooperative and supportive relationship between people, or animals. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, affection, and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis.

My best friend has gone to University, and he's having the time of his life. I'm missing him a lot more than I had originally thought, I've done nothing but mope around and smoke weed all the while feeling incredibly sorry for myself.

Today I made a mistake that's becoming alarmingly popular, I'll start writing him a text asking him to come over, only for me to remember he's not in the Steadding anymore...

I guess I took for granted how much it meant to me having someone who is close to me around me all of the time like that, every night we'd get retarded, listen to music and shoot the shit... now I don't have any of that anymore.

I still have friends but its not the same, its not the same as when he came over.

But this is how the world works, and again I am in no unique position. I'm sure many people have experienced what I'm going through right now, usually this train of thought makes me feel better about situations, but not this time.


But I'll never let him know how much I miss him, because he's making the most of himself and I don't want to ruin that for him. So instead I'll slowly crawl back under that rock that I used to be under, I'll start watching everyone around me pass me by whilst I wallow in self pity.


The next 12 months will be the hardest I've ever had to endure, I pray to whatever higher being that they send some good news my way. I'm due some.

1 comment: