Wednesday 28 July 2010

I guess thats why they call me the working man.

As of 10AM tomorrow morning I am going to be stranded in the lake district without my phone, or the internet. I am working at the Kendall Calling festival, at the "Burn Down" vintage clothing store, if anyone reading this is attending, please stop by and say hello!

I'm looking forward to it, I think its going to be a good weekend. I'm a little nervous, somewhat, its a chance to meet new people isn't it? So I'm going to try my hardest to see if I can make some new friends whilst I'm there. Even if its temporary for the weekend, it'll still be nice.

However something is worrying me, I have a spot of food poisoning. Its not bad, I believe I'm at the back end (Pun not intended) of my illness at the moment. So far today all I've had is water. I've even tried to keep the cigarettes few and far between. I just hope I can get the badness out of me for tomorrow morning. Although I'm not hopeful. I hear festival toilets are simply delightful...


Now, admittedly this is the first blog post I've published online where I haven't been stoned. Now, this isn't because of lack of cannabis (There is never a lack...) and admittedly being high does in fact remove any pain or discomfort I feel physically from my illness (Admittedly making my emotional pain and discomfort double).

Its been a short journey with this blog so far, but its been nice to read back and see exactly what I've been thinking whilst I have been sat here rambling stoned off my tree. I'm not ashamed, but I'm a little embarrassed, I cringed reading some of the blog posts, rambling about her and how it upsets me shes moved on and I haven't. Anyone would think I wasn't over her. Which isn't the case, I am over her.

I am, as someone once described me as: "You're broken goods, until you're fixed no one will want you".


But who shall fix me?


I'll see you all on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I have loved your comments on Bored Olives and so I just thought I'd take a gander onto your blog and stoned or not, you really write well.

    Considering you're just 18 (gosh i feel ancient) you are amazingly coherent about your thoughts and the person you are. Just give yourself some time... loneliness hurts but you have no idea how much it shapes your character... I'm sure you'll find someone worth holding on for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ipshi. Please stick around, it'd be nice to talk more!

    ReplyDelete